[tei-council] Fwd: MS SIG: Workshop on Genetic Criticism in Digital Framework, Paris 14-15 May

Elena Pierazzo elena.pierazzo at kcl.ac.uk
Sun Jan 25 10:04:46 EST 2009

Dear Lou,

A couple of clarifications:

- the workshop is indeed open: we have personally invited a certain
number of genetic criticism scholars but for the rest anybody can
participate, up to 40 people. This limitation is because the room we
have been offered at the Ecole Normale can host up to 40 people and
again this number is, in our opinion the maximum limit to have a
focussed discussion.

- the email forwarded by Laurent is a formal invitation to the member
of the Council and the Board

I appreciate you may find a contradiction between my first formulation
("the workshop is open") and the fact that we have particularly
invited two distinct group of people (i.e. genetic criticism scholars
and TEI people), but for the specific aim of the workshop (i.e.
genetic criticism with the TEI) we thought that we needed a good
representative of both groups, so before publicly advertising it, we
have first send the invitation to the people that we think are
fundamental to the success of the event.

I apologise if my first formulation was ambiguous: my English is
always as precise as I wish it was!

Elena

elena.pierazzo at kcl.ac.uk
www.kcl.ac.uk