[tei-council] Proposal <idno> coverage -SF 2493417

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 24 15:33:41 EST 2009

Laurent Romary wrote:
> After some thoughts, I would definitely favour this. It worries me that
> we should have separate elements for expressing the same thing, just
> because the encompassing structure imposes separate constraints. So yes,
> we need alternate content models.

the BIG problem with this is that ODD does not allow
for it. moving in such a  direction means starting the transition
to ODD version 3, which would (among other things) remove DTDs.

the alternative being to embed all the intelligence in Schematron;
which would work, but is likely to remains a minority activity.

but if we decided strategically that alternate content
models is the future of the TEI (and it has a lot of attractions),
then it could be a target for this year.

Syd may be forgiven for saying "I told you so..." over and over....

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente