[tei-council] [Fwd: Re: Proposal <idno> coverage -SF 2493417]

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 11:42:12 EST 2009

I presumed he meant that you might mark-up a <bibl/> in the middle of
transcribed text, and so the <author> element might want to include
thinks like transcription elements, apparatus, and so forth.

Lou Burnard a écrit :
>> Actually, we finished defining model.limitedPhrase, which contains 67
>> elements, I think. But because <author> is used not only to record
>> authorship attribution in the header or in a structured bibliography,
>> but also to record authorship attribution "in the wild" of text being
>> transcribed, it has a content model of model.phraseSeq, which permits
>> 134 or so elements.
>
> I don't know why Syd thinks <author> can be used "in the wild". It
> can't: it's only allowed in some specific elements, and in the class
> model.respLike, which is in turn permitted only within
> titleStmt or bibliographic elements in model.biblPart and model.msItemPart

Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Epigrapher & Digital Classicist)

Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London