[tei-council] Proposal <idno> coverage -SF 2493417

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at loria.fr
Thu Jan 22 15:55:18 EST 2009

Le 22 janv. 09 à 21:25, Sebastian Rahtz a écrit :

> Lou Burnard wrote:
>

>>> <author>
>>>    <idno type="nldai">info:eu-repo/dai/nl/12456454</idno>
>>>    <idno type="openid">https://me.yahoo.com/johndoe61</idno>
>>>   John Doe
>>> </author>
>>>

>> I don't like this because of the mixed content. Call me old
>> fashioned,
>> but mixed content makes me feel queasy.
>
> I am certainly with you there. but presumably one would have to
> mandate
>   <author>
>     <idno>....</idno>
>     <persName>John Doe</persName>
>   </author>

Fully agree (and with Lou concerning mixed content): we should try to
enforce this.

> I must say, I much prefer the formulation of
>
> <idno xml:id="a1" type="nldai">info:eu-repo/dai/nl/12456454</idno>
> <idno xml:id="a2" type="openid">https://me.yahoo.com/johndoe61</idno>
>
> <author corresp="#a1 #a2">
>     John Doe
> </author>
>
> (or whatever)

You should not have some prejudice as to what scenario a user has in
mind. We need to provide both ways.
When a bibliographical reference comes in the header of a scientific
paper or as an export from a publication archive, you don't want to
reconstruct the information by following links here and there. You
need self-contained <biblStruct>'s