[tei-council] Proposal <idno> coverage -SF 2493417

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 15:25:29 EST 2009

Lou Burnard wrote:

>> <author>
>>     <idno type="nldai">info:eu-repo/dai/nl/12456454</idno>
>>     <idno type="openid">https://me.yahoo.com/johndoe61</idno>
>>    John Doe
>> </author>
>>

> I don't like this because of the mixed content. Call me old fashioned,
> but mixed content makes me feel queasy.

I am certainly with you there. but presumably one would have to mandate
   <author>
     <idno>....</idno>
     <persName>John Doe</persName>
   </author>

I must say, I much prefer the formulation of

<idno xml:id="a1" type="nldai">info:eu-repo/dai/nl/12456454</idno>
<idno xml:id="a2" type="openid">https://me.yahoo.com/johndoe61</idno>

<author corresp="#a1 #a2">
     John Doe
</author>

(or whatever)

because every bibliography I see has the same author several times,
and I really don't want to have a repeated <idno> in several <author>
elements. It's just Wrong.

Similarly, I don't want to repeat the same info in every file. If
an author has an openid, I want that recorded once, and referred
to many times.

just call me an old-fashioned database guy.

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente