[tei-council] Proposal <idno> coverage -SF 2493417

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 04:04:01 EST 2009

Sorry to be picky, but  if I have understood it correctly, the existing
proposal certainly does break current encoding practice.My understanding
is that the current proposal would include the new <idno> as a child of
<author>, title etc. Please tell me I am wrong if that is not the case!

If the only argument against using the existing @key to provide an
identifier of this kind is that it does not allow you to specify the
source for the associated range of keyv values, why not propose an
additional @keySource attribute to att.naming? That would integrate very
nicely with current practice, avoid duplication, and add a useful new
feature.