[tei-council] Proposal <idno> coverage -SF 2493417

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at loria.fr
Wed Jan 21 23:22:17 EST 2009

Hi all,
Whether or not it is a major semantic shift, the  proposal has the
property not to break existing usage and integrate smoothly in the
encoding practices that lay behind the use of <idno> for other
bibliographical component (note that an ISSN reference does not sit
around on a shelf either: its an abstract entity allowing one to
identify groups of publications ) one culd use the same argument to
mean that an author identifier groups all papers from one author).
Anyhow, I fully support Peter's argumentation.
Laurent