[tei-council] AMBER grease: sign up now!

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 16 04:17:25 EST 2009

Lou Burnard wrote:

> I just think we'll never get anywhere with this until someone makes a
> specific proposal as to which of the various possibilities sketched out
> on the ticket is to be preferred. Just edging ever such a teeny bit
> further along the path towards a decision point would count as progress
> in my book.

no disagreement there.

but you may be forgetting that we discussed this in October
(see http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Meetings/tcm40.xml)
and came to firmer conclusions than are mentioned in the ticket.
The decision was to add a new <constraint> element.

There is an action on me before the next council meeting to "prepare a
draft proposal, including examples (possibly drawn from the many places
in the Guidelines where we say: do this in such and such a way, even
though it cannot, as yet, be enforced)"

as ever, time constraints have intervened.

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente