[tei-council] repetition in the description of @place

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 18:25:29 EST 2009

Here are the changes I propose to make in the suggested values of the
@place attribute. Bear in mind that these are only suggested values,
and that no TEI schema enforces any of them.

On the left is the original: on the right, my proposed replacement

infralinear  -> below
margin-bot   -> page-foot
margin-left  -> left
margin-right -> right
margin-top   -> page-top
opposite     -> opposite
overleaf     -> overleaf
supralinear  -> above
verso        -> [remove: same as overleaf, sometimes]
app          -> [remove: this is not a place]
end          -> end
foot         -> [remove: same as page-foot]
inline       -> inline
interlinear  -> [remove: the note *must* be either below or above the
point in the text where it appears ]
inline       -> [inspace]
mixed        -> [remove: the attribute permits multiple values]