[tei-council] AMBER grease: sign up now!

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 12:49:26 EST 2009

Currently sitting around for decision are the following eight (8)
feature requests. These are all classed as AMBER because I think we
ought to be able to reach a consensus on what needs doing fairly easily.
In each case, the ticket proposes something, and in each case there is
some comment either supporting or opposing the idea.

2493799 (add decoNote to model.noteLike)
2493417 (<idno> coverage)
2411994 (canonical way of referencing TEI element definitions)
2242434 (element for text suppressed by the editor)
2209933 (content model of 'am')
2201246 ('term' should be a member of att.canonical)
2055891 (Placement of schematron rules)
1954920 (@role to be returned to att.naming)

Could I ask for volunteers to help move these along? If each council
member volunteered to take ONE of these, read the ticket, ponder the
issues, and post a recommendation in the next few days -- say by 21 Jan
-- we should be able to knock them all on the head in time for the next
release. Then we could start arguing about the really tricky ones (the
dreaded RED tickets)...

Go on, you know you want to. Just let me know NOW which one you want to
work on so we can avoid duplication of effort. First come, first served!