[tei-council] Making absolutely bare a little more bare

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 5 12:10:44 EST 2008

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> ah, the question is the interpretation of what "no <sourceDesc>" means.
> the Guidelines can dictate how that is to be interpreted.

I think generally an absence of data in this case doesn't mean that
there isn't a source, simply that the data isn't provided.  I think even
if the guidelines said that no <sourceDesc> mean it didn't have a
source, then people who produce temporary dynamic TEI documents from XML
databases and the like would stop providing them, when really the
database query is the source of the document.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford