[tei-council] TEI Wiki domain name

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 5 10:00:20 EST 2008

Hi,

Kevin Hawkins asked if we had considered moving the TEI wiki address
from http://www.tei-c.org/wiki/ to http://wiki.tei-c.org/ in
investigating the request with Virginia, Shayne Brandon confirmed that
he can set up this subdomain as an apache virtual host, and redirect
www.tei-c.org/wiki/ to wiki.tei-c.org/ so there wouldn't be any real
loss of links or similar.  Possible benefits include a slightly shorter
URL, and perhaps better google rankings for the wiki as a separate web
presence. Since there is no technical barrier to doing this, I thought I
should run it by the council before letting them go ahead.

Let me know by, say, monday afternoon (GMT) if anyone has strong
objections to this.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford