[tei-council] Making absolutely bare a little more bare

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at loria.fr
Thu Dec 4 06:23:02 EST 2008

I would like to have your opinion on getting rid of some
inconsistencies in the TEI absolutely bare schema available from Roma.
If we do want this to be usable for showing how simple the TEI can be
from the onset, we should actually make sure that this one does not
contain superfluous objects. I list below the elements I would like
you to consider. Please raise your voice if you have a strong feeling
that we should keep one of them:
- <editionStmt> is not mandatory in the <fileDesc> content model and I
don't see what kind of usage we would have in a minimalistic setting
- <extent>: a mystery that it has survived in TEI absolutely bare.
- <seriesStmt> idem++++
- <postcript> idem++
The text could also be revised here and there, but if I could get a
consensus on the above four elements we would manage to clean the
thing quickly.
Laurent