[tei-council] Stylesheets (wasRe: "Getting Started": a couple of questions)

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Tue Nov 25 13:25:05 EST 2008

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, Peter Boot wrote:

> > 1. How is the provisional HTML rendering at http://peterboot.nl/tei/gs.html
> > being generated? (Which XSLT
> > stylesheet is applied to the source XML, and are you using a cron job
> > to update the files regularly based on the Sourceforge repository?)
> > (The rendering of <egXML> is perfect in the print version that uses
> > tei-print.css, but erroneous in the browser version that uses
> > tei.css, which means that either the stylesheet or the CSS [or both]
> > need minor adjustments.)
>
> I had to tweak the standard stylesheets a little, and meant to look
> further into this. Tweaking shouldn't be necessary I think. I'll look
> into it tonight.

The issue is that <egXML> is transformed into <div class="pre">.
In tei.css, div.pre just inherits white-space handling (so that it wraps
whitespace). tei-print.css has white-space styling that produces correct
results.

Sebastian, is there any reason why

  white-space: pre;

shouldn't be added to the rule set for div.pre in any CSS stylesheet
that has one?

David

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA