[tei-council] Roma II

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 16:18:01 EST 2008

At the TEI directors meeting yesterday, we had
a general brainstorming session, at which many
interesting ideas emerged. One specific related
to Roma, which several people also talked to me about
separately during the members meeting. There seems
to be a general feeling that Roma is too useful
and too important to be left alone.

Arno and I discussed this today, and started
to articulate a plan for rewriting Roma almost
entirely  in Javascript, interacting with
web services to deliver TEI and to generate outputs.

Before we put any real effort into this, are there high-level
views here about how Roma should develop? any views
on architecture, scope, and implementation?