[tei-council] example for TEI lite P5

Peter Boot pboot at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 26 12:42:07 EDT 2008

Laurent Romary schreef:
> Should we see the revision of U5 (TEI light) as part of the short term
> agenda?

Are there any other problems reported with TEI Lite? If there are not,
we should deal with this issue. I'd agree with Syd that in P5 <language>
is no longer needed in Lite, as xml:lang is, for most situations,
sufficiently powerful. But it may be something for P5 1.3 (if we let
customisations follow the release cycle of the main Guidelines)

> In any case, to answer the question, I think the council is
> responsible of the editorial maintenance of U5.

I'd say the Council is responsible for maintaining the customizations
that the TEI Consortium provides (Lite, bare, etc).

Peter

BTW: In the definition of @xml:lang in
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-att.global.html,
I think a reference to section vi.i (Language identification,
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/CH.html#CHSH) would
be helpful.