[tei-council] Guidelines versions online (wrt date)

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 10:46:36 EDT 2008

I am slightly confused by the different pages available at the following
two URLs:

1) http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/html/ref-date.html

2) http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-date.html

The latter seems to be more up-to-date, so I expect that the former is
an old URL that hasn't been removed from the server. Can someone
confirm? And should we kill that (or redirect) to avoid confusion?

However, this leads me to another question: the difference between the
two seems to be that @precision has been added to att.editLike (since
(2) is the same in this regard as
http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-date.html).
 From where, as per the latest precision discussions, it should shortly
be removed again, no? If @precision is a member of att.ranging instead
of att.editLike, then how does date get @precision--since it doesn't
need the other attributes in att.ranging? (This is not, to the best of
my knowledge, the <precision/> conversation I am supposed to be having
with Lou this afternoon.)

Best,

Gabby

--