[tei-council] Up for grabs: getting started sections

Peter Boot pboot at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 3 09:30:01 EDT 2008

Hi Arianna and others,

Arianna Ciula schreef:
> I would be happy to give a go at section 5 unless somebody has taken
> it, but do we have a deadline for this? Also, would it be fine to use
> something other than a drama example?

James, David and Laurent are working on 2 Should you use TEI?, 3
Technical background, and 10 Schema's. So you're free to have a go at
section 5. To use drama mark-up to explain this seemed like a good idea,
because drama has some obvious structure that needs to be represented.
But if you want to use another example, please go ahead. I'm using the
Graves diary as an example in section 4 Overall structure of a TEI text.

I didn't set a deadline, but we wanted to have an early draft ready for
the members meeting. So it would be good to write something over the
coming weeks.

Anyone else interested in these?
* 6. Choosing and installing an editor
* 9. Getting this to work on sample of own text
* 11. Where to go from here

(See the outline at http://www.tei-c.org/wiki/index.php/Getting_Started
and a meta-document about purpose, target, style, etc. at
http://www.tei-c.org/wiki/index.php/About_Getting_Started.)

Best,
Peter