[tei-council] handling XSD from Roma

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Fri Sep 5 10:09:52 EDT 2008

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Laurent Romary wrote:
>> Perfect! It does work automatically on my Mac (files unzipped)...
>> Perhaps it should be say somewhere (visible) that xml.xsd is the file
>> to associate to an XML document (for dummies like me).
>>
> but thats not true?

No--the main XSD file has the base name of the customization. E.g. the
MathML customization generates tei_math.xsd, which imports ns1.xsd,
xlink.xsd, and xml.xsd.

I would say it's not worth spending a lot of time to inform the user
that the main file is "BASENAME.xsd"--if it can be done by adding a line
or two to the code producing the "Create a Schema" page, fine, but we
can probably rely on users who want something other than the default
RELAX NG schemas to figure out which is the main schema file.

Electronic Imprint, The University of Virginia Press
PO Box 400318, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA
Web: http://www.ei.virginia.edu/