[tei-council] Getting started

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Aug 27 16:05:24 EDT 2008

I've heard that some people are quite insane about this TEI business ;).

In fact though, the whole tei-c site is generated from tei-xml anyway (I
suppose there may be a PDF or something that is not, but all the text is
TEI/XML).

-dan

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 21:00 +0100, Lou's Laptop wrote:
> Call me an old fuddy duddy if you will, but I think TEi council
> documents should be produced and edited in TEI. Not HTML.
>

> Peter Boot wrote:
> > Dan O'Donnell schreef:
> >
> >> In general, it was felt that "the TEI consortium official website
> >> (managed at virginia under opencms)" was not as responsive as it
> >> could be to the needs of Council and I was asked to start doing
> >> something about it, which I did. However, as the current point under
> >> discussion suggests, it may be wiser to not use such space on "the
> >> TEI consortium official website (managed at virginia under opencms)"
> >> after all: perhaps it is better to store such working material at
> >> "the sourceforge repository (managed by svn)" using a directory
> >> structure similar to that proposed by David.
> >>

> > For source documents, svn is fine, but for something that you want the
> > world, or fellow council members, to read, a plain website such as tei-c
> > may be more appropriate. (I'm thinking of an html version of the getting
> > started document, but there might be more.)
> >
> > Peter

Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Director, Digital Medievalist Project