[tei-council] Requests 1925125 and 1933198
James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 27 13:44:06 EDT 2008
While discussing feature request tickets number 1721365, and especially
1925125 and 1933198, Gabby (with stupid questions from me) fleshed out
some proposals on some new attribute classes and a new element. Since
they are all related I cut-and-paste with minor edits from the feature
requests so that Council can decide these.
The proposals are:
(1) we need to define the four new attributes, (@min, @max, at atLeast,
@atMost) in a new attribute class, as previously discussed, perhaps
"att.ranging" or similar. (The <precision> element mentioned below will
then be a member of att.ranging but not att.dimensions.)
(2) the existing @precision attribute should be defined within
att.dimensions __but **not** att.editLike or att.ranging__. It is really
a bug that many of the members of att.editLike currently have @precision.
(1) We should create a new element, <precision/> basically in parallel
with <certainty/> but recording precision.
(2) This element is a member of "att.ranging" (newly defined class, see
#1925125; contains @min, @max, @atLeast, @atMost)
(3) This element is also a member of a newly defined class
(?"att.qualifier") containing @degree, @locus, @target (to which
<certainty/> will now also belong)
(4) define one new attribute, @stdDeviation, for recording the standard
deviation of a number, range, or approximation. (data.numeric is
probably appropriate for this attribute, but prose at least should
indicate that value should be positive.)
If council could have a quick look at these tickets and comment here or
on SF then these could maybe be upgraded to GREEN.
Gabby: Did I forget to mention anything? Would you like to explain more?
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford
James dot Cummings at oucs dot ox dot ac dot uk
More information about the tei-council