[tei-council] FR 1927987: named time period

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 2 12:13:26 EDT 2008

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> probably. what would you like it to say?
>> How about Hellenistic period: -0323 to -0031
>>

> indeed, its not hard to think of examples, not
> sure what the delay is

My email is playing bad tricks so I am receiving some of this only now.

The delay is because although you may have hundreds of examples, we
haven't formalised yet how to express a taxonomy of periods i.e. you may
refer from the text (using <period>) to the Hellenistic period expressed
in a formal way, but where? I was thinking of using the <taxonomy>
element (and I think this came out at the last council meeting too) for
this and then wanted to ask suggestions from the workgroup, but never
went around actually doing it.

Just because this was assigned to me doesn't mean you cannot do it... :)

Arianna

> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Information Manager, Oxford University Computing Services

Dr Arianna Ciula
Research Associate
Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London