[tei-council] layout of datatypes etc

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 21 18:39:12 EDT 2008

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> I'd be glad of opinions on these pages, please:
>
> * table of contents at
> http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/P5/Guidelines-web/en/html/index-toc.html

I'm not against the idea of this use of javascript in particular, it
works quite well.  What bothers me is that when you first come to it,
unless you already know a lot about what the TEI is about, you have to
expand the first level of all three sections.  Maybe the first level
should be unexpanded to begin with?

> * list of uses of datatype at
> http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/P5/Guidelines-web/en/html/ref-data.pointer.html
>
> I have tried to do some of what we discussed in Ireland and just
> after, with some difficulty. I want to get this sorted, tho.

This is fairly cool, and will now be used as an example in my 8min talk
in the TEI session in DH. ;-)  Since I happen to be talking about
URI-based pointing.  What I'd suggest: is there a way to make
'xsd:anyURI' in the declaration a link to a page about this in a similar
way, importing in the xsd description of what anyURI means and listing
what datatypes are xsd:anyURI  (i.e. it isn't just data.pointer which
are xsd:anyURI).

Only thoughts I had atm.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford