[tei-council] Example numbering

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Jun 18 13:50:40 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I raised an issue on tei-l about spacing, partially wondering if there
wasn't something broken in the spacing of the presentation of some egXML
elements. James had noticed it as well and is planning to report it on
source forge (which is down, he says, at the minute).

But this also raises a presentation issue as well: I (and others, I'm
sure) are often referring others to examples in the guidelines. In
addition to my email yesterday to tei-l, for example, I also gave a
research assistant a list of some examples that I wanted her to mimic
for another project I'm working on. I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be
good to number the examples as well in the same way that linguists do.
This means that you can refer people directly to specific examples.

What do others think?

-dan

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD