[tei-council] Feature Request Review Outcomes online

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Apr 7 20:33:21 EDT 2008

Some notes:

      * Is the issue with cit and said in this one something that was
        not considered but that needs to be looked at?
                permit model.quoteLike within <sp> Council
                agrees that this is a useful addition, but feels that
                <q> should be available as well as <quote> and therefore
                recommends adding model.qLike instead. (This also makes
                <cit> and <said> available, which seems a little odd.)
                [closed]

      * This one could be said to have different actions: on me and
        Sebastian to come up with use cases and sheets, and on PB to
        integrate any suggestions worthwhile into the guide he's been
        planning.
                Provide additional documentation on formatting a TEI
                document Council reviewed this document, but did not
                feel that its contents were appropriate as a chapter of
                the Guidelines. It was felt that many of the topics
                adressed would be usefully provided as a standalone
                tutorial guide of some sort, however. Action ?
      * Also in the following, the use of @lemma was to be deprecated,
        no?
                resolve @lemma datatype problem Council noted that the
                use of the @lemma attribute to hold textual data was
                inconsistent, but also recognised that this was a very
                common usage. The simplest solution appeared to be to
                change the datatype so as to permit spaces. Council also
                proposed adding a new @lemmaRef attribute to point to a
                definition of the lemma held elsewhere. This would
                provide a pair analogous to the @key @ref attributes on
                name etc. The child element solution would also require
                definition of some other child element to hold the
                non-lemmatised form. Changing @maxOccurs would introduce
                ambiguity. Some more prose is needed to introduce the
                new attribute within #AISP. [pending]

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 11:54 +0100, Lou Burnard wrote:
> I've put up a document summarizing what I think we decided should be
> done for all the feature requests considered at the Galway meeting. In
> some cases, I have also done it. In others I haven't -- either because I
> was getting tired by the time I got to the end of the list or  more
> usually because it's not 100% obvious what to do and someone had been
> volunteered to make it so.
>
> Please could Council members review the document
> http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw12.xml and
> (a) let me know immediately if I have misremembered or misrepresented
> the views of Council
> (b) if you were explicitly actioned to do something on a ticket, please
> do it by -- shall we say -- 14 April?
> (c) for tickets without explicit actions, please give your further input
> here by the same date?
>
> Thanks to all for a very good start to the new Council's term!
>
> Lou
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Associate Professor and Chair, Department of English
Director, Digital Medievalist Project http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/
Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative http://www.tei-c.org/
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4