[tei-council] Galway agenda

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 27 15:52:14 EDT 2008

Syd Bauman wrote:
> Seriously, I'm thinking of the groups who are really taken aback by
> the size of TEI in the raw, and are excited at the possibility of
> trimming TEI down to size for their own group. Some of them can be
> quite dismayed that they can't document enumerated attribute values
> in Roma, and even if they do, they don't get any readable doc.

I entirely recognize these groups as a concept, but I
have not personally met them in the wild :-}
> Indeed, that version is not so bad (although it, too, could use some
> work). But rather, generate the same documentation from Roma, and
> you'll see what I mean. (Or try some other customization template.)

so if the style for the generated Lite is sort of OK, it
should be easy to make Roma do the same dynamically.
This is obviously an error which I need to work on.
>  One particular
> feature I remember (because I am quite enamored of it) was the
> ability to have both XML and GUI views of the ODD file. Kinda like
> the way the CSSEdit program gives you a GUI but also lets you edit
> CSS code directly.
probably no big deal to add that in some way.

Perhaps you'd like to put together a user survey which
tries to get an idea of what people want changed in Roma,
or added? I fear that we are not the best people to set
priorities.