[tei-council] Galway: recommendations.

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 08:36:45 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I happen to know two people fairly familiar with Galway.  One, who
coincidentally is part of the project I'll be talking about when there, is
a Galway native, the other teaches falconry at a manor house not far away
from there most summers.  When they found I was going to Galway both
(unasked) gave me recommendations of pubs with good traditional music.
Some of their suggestions overlapped:
The Crane Bar
Taafe's Bar, Shop Street
"Another one on Shop Street called Teach Ceol or Ceoil or Something"

and also

"There's also a lovely bakery on shop street, but I can't remember the name
of it. It's on the left side heading toward the harbour"

Both also recommended trips to Connemara and/or the Arann Islands (esp.
Inis Mor).

I pass those recommendations on in case they are useful for anyone.

-James