[tei-council] A strong body is an undivided body?

syd at emt.wwp.brown.edu syd at emt.wwp.brown.edu
Sun Feb 17 13:06:24 EST 2008

I find myself wondering if there is a good reason that the org= and
sample= attributes of att.divLike are not available on <body>.
Certainly if a division can be a sample or be composite in
organization, then so can a body.

For that matter, although I'm not 100% sure why the <div> elements
need to have the metrical attributes met=, real=, and rhyme=, if a
my document there are no divisions, only the 1 poem?)

imagine what kind of structural overlap problem <body> can get
into. Of course, all it takes is 1 example -- anybody got one?

I'm interested in thoughts on the issue before I post a feature
request to Sourceforge.