[tei-council] Suggestions

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Wed Feb 6 20:33:31 EST 2008

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, James Cummings wrote:

> Lou Burnard wrote:
>>> * Shouldn't we have a searchable council mailing list? If needed, I
>>> believe I can set up a listserv list at surfnet.nl
>>>
>> I thought it was searchable? It's certainly archived. However, a
>> listserv hosted at surfnet.nl might well be a bit  more reliable than
>> the council list has been for the last year or so!
>
> The Council lists are archived in Virginia at:
>   http://lists.village.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/
> I don't believe the pipermail installation there is currently setup to allow
> searching.  However, I do know that pipermail listservs can be searched (because
> I've found others elsewhere which can.)  This may be a mailing-list by
> mailing-list setting, or an overall system setting, I don't know.

This list was no doubt set up by John Unsworth originally. When he left IATH, it
devolved upon Daniel Pitti. Shall I ask Daniel whether the list can be
made searchable?

It may be that they're planning to migrate the functions of list.village.virginia.edu
over to the new server that is hosting the TEI website.

(Just to clarify, Daniel Pitti and Chris Ruotolo are both with the Library at
UVa; I am with the University Press at a totally different site. So I don't
always know what they are up to, and vice-versa. But as we now all have
official TEI Consortium roles I'll suggest that we put our heads together
on a regular basis.)

David S.

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA