[tei-council] release of P5 to fix bug?

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Wed Feb 6 09:48:10 EST 2008

SR> As you'll have seen on TEI-L, Jon Noring reported what turned out
SR> to be a very serious bug in DTD fragment generation. It has gone
SR> unspotted presumably because fewer people use the old
SR> DOCTYPE-subset method these days. ...

DO> I certainly would. I also don't think we need to apologise for
DO> fixing serious bugs asap either though.

I realize this has been fixed already (right?), but I'm curious: did
this bug affect DTD generation in general (i.e., from an ODD file),
or only affected stitching together DTD fragments in the old subset
method? If the latter, I would hesitate to consider it a serious bug.
IIRC, we agreed we should actively discourage users from doing this.