[tei-council] 1.0.1 release text

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Feb 2 15:33:04 EST 2008

I propose the following as release notes for
1.0.1, for which I will be pressing the Big Red
Button tomorrow. I will leave it to Laurent
to make a public announcement, using any
or all of the text below (but don't send anything
until I confirm its done, Laurent!).

********************

After the P5 1.0 release on November 1st 2007,
the TEI Technical Council has continued to refine
the Guidelines and respond to error reports.
with over 300 sets of changes committed to Sourceforge.

The vast majority of changes are to the text,
at the grammatical, technical, and explanatory
level.

We would like to acknowledge here the
pre-eminent part played by Brett Zamir,
who has read every chapter carefully,
and made a huge number of important
corrections and clarifications.

A very few changes have been made which
affect generated schemas:

* model.gLike was added to the content model of <measureGrp>
* <ptr>  was adjusted so that either @cRef or @target is mandatory
* an error generating schema from attribute classes was fixed
* some Schematron rules have been adjusted

This release also includes a complete set of
reference documentation generated for Chinese,
French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish.
The translation work is not finished yet, but
is starting to be useable for these languages.

For the first time, the Guidelines are available
in PDF as well as HTML. The design of this
printable format was a collaborative effort by
many members of the TEI Board of Directors
and Technical Council, coordinated and
implemented by Sebastian Rahtz.

New releases of Roma and the TEI XSL stylesheet family
accompany this release, correcting reported
bugs and providing more internationalisation.