[tei-council] persName question

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 30 16:42:42 EST 2008

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Lou Burnard wrote:
>>> So does a multiple @ref mean
>>>
>>>   #1, #2
>>>   #1 | #2
>>>   #1 & #2
>>> ?
>>>

>> it always and only means the first of these
> I'm happy with your arguments about this.
>
> Are others happy to make the change now,
> or do you want to put it off and think a bit
> longer?
>
> I would mostly suggest that we don't make the change this week;
> that James puts a summary of the request
> (make @ref multi-valued) into Sourceforge so that
> there is a paper trail, but that he makes his
> customization do it in advance of formal approval.
>
> Or maybe its almost a corrigible error and can be just
> done now.

I don't see anything wrong with this (I have read the thread at such a
velocity though; I hope I haven't missed anything). However, I would
recommend to involve Matthew (Driscoll) in this decision for the obvious
reason that he was behind the main development of the whole
personography section and because he has probably encountered this
practical issue more than us.

Arianna
--
Dr Arianna Ciula