[tei-council] from Laurent

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 05:29:50 EST 2008

In the meantime, here is the message (buried in my previous email) from
the new chair:

===================
Dear all,

Despite the few weeks' break in my attending the list, I am very happy
to be back an contribute to a period of change in the TEI council
scope and activities. I want first to address a big thank to all of
you who have kept the momentum while the chair was designated and in
particular to Lou and Syd as editors who have ensured that the
guidelines would keep being constantly improved as more and more
people seem to get in touch with P5. Thanks also to Sebastian for
keeping the keys of the jewels and making everything concrete through
a constant release process. And finally thanks to Dan and Christian
for managing the transitional period.
Apropos transition, I am going to think of a way to ensure that, in
the next few months, at least until our next face to face meting, we
manage to avoid creating too much of a gap between past and future and
I will discuss with all of you on the best way to do so.
BTW: could someone point to me the plans for the next meeting? Since I
was not in the loop of even the council chair selection, I have not
taken care of checking anything on my agenda.
A final word, before I start gathering ideas for our future
discussions, what the TEI community has achieved with P5 is a huge
amount of work, but also something far ahead to any other similar
endeavor. The TEI architecture is something really original which
people outside the TEI aficionados also appreciate. The richness of
the TEI ontology is recognized by many scholarly groups. What I mean
is that we should work with enthusiasm in disseminating and improving
this constantly.
I can only wish you all a lot of pleasure in doing so!

Laurent

--
Dr Arianna Ciula
Research Associate