[tei-council] lists and <label>

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 20 11:36:32 EST 2007

Hi,

Sorry for not posting much in the past few weeks, I seem to have been
snowed under.  Rest assured that I've been occasionally glancing at
printouts of Sebastian's PDF and made only superficial comments compared
with the stellar layout proofreading done by others here.

But... Isn't the point of Sebastian's question really that this shouldn't
be a list/item but a listWit?

<listWit>
<witness xml:id="El">Ellesmere, Huntingdon Library 26.C.9</witness>
</listWit>

If the sigla doesn't form a proper XML qname (or whatever the requirements
for an xml:id) then using <label> inside witness to provide the widely
accepted sigla for that manuscript would seem reasonable.

The only formatting I've ever really seen on sigla in a list of witnesses
is to make them bold, like a label. ;-)

Best,
-James