[tei-council] New "XML Entity definitions for Characters" W3C Working Draft

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 20 10:04:30 EST 2007

nice to see some of my chickens coming home to roost :-}

I don't think anything very radical is being suggested,
just a normalized list of names you could use
if you are making entity sets.

I am not sure its true to say

"that entity declarations or includes will still be necessary
in order to use them, unlike the case with HTML."

a proper HTML processor reads the HTML DTD, which includes
the entity decls.