[tei-council] [tei-board] printed Guidelines

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 12 17:51:56 EST 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:

> but a look at the next page raised 1 tiny concern, and one
> show-stopper:
>    L: 21 mm
>    R: 19 mm
>    B: 18 mm
> So the tiny concern is that for an even page the R margin should
> have been the larger one.
ok, let me consider that one. those figures sound a little two small
> But that doesn't count compared to:
>    T: top running head cut off just above the tool-line
> Same was true (roughly, I didn't measure) for pp xxxi to xxxiv.

and not later? that does not seem right at all.

thanks for looking at this, it flags up that
I do need to do something more about
the size of the text area and margins.
> * The dedication is quite problematic. I'll go fix the obvious typo,
>   but it still needs
>   - Antonio's birth date
>   - encoding that one can get hold of for formatting
>   - better formatting

I'll leave that with you for the moment
> * I think the formatting of references to chapters and sections needs
>   to change. Right now, it is output as the chapter number followed
>   by a period, followed by a space, followed by the chapter title.

what would you like it to be?
> * TOC: indentation of first-level sections (e.g. "13.1") is too deep
>   compared to second-level section (e.g. "13.1.1").

that should be relatively easy to fix.