[tei-council] [tei-board] printed Guidelines

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Wed Dec 12 15:56:14 EST 2007

> Apropos of which, can someone print some pages on American letter
> paper and tell me if the margins are OK?

Close, but not quite, I think. I printed a few pages (using Adobe
Reader 8.1.1 on Mac OS X to an HP LaserJet 4100, which I believe is a
PostScript printer) setting "scaling" to "none", and initially
margins looked good.
on pg xxix:
   L: 23 mm
   R: 18 mm
   B: 19 mm
   T: N/A (chapter start-page)
but a look at the next page raised 1 tiny concern, and one
show-stopper:
   L: 21 mm
   R: 19 mm
   B: 18 mm
So the tiny concern is that for an even page the R margin should
have been the larger one. But that doesn't count compared to:
   T: top running head cut off just above the tool-line
Same was true (roughly, I didn't measure) for pp xxxi to xxxiv.

I then printed again with "scaling" est to "fit to printable area".
This is quite a bit harder to read, as the type size is getting
pretty small for my old eyes. The margins for page xxx are:
  L: 32 mm
  R: 31 mm
  B: 38 mm
  T: 15 mm

* The dedication is quite problematic. I'll go fix the obvious typo,
  but it still needs
  - Antonio's birth date
  - encoding that one can get hold of for formatting
  - better formatting

* I think the formatting of references to chapters and sections needs
  to change. Right now, it is output as the chapter number followed
  by a period, followed by a space, followed by the chapter title.

* TOC: indentation of first-level sections (e.g. "13.1") is too deep
  compared to second-level section (e.g. "13.1.1").

More later, I hope.