[tei-council] printed Guidelines

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 18:14:06 EST 2007

I have put up a new http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/Guidelines.pdf
which deals with many of the issues raised by Chris,
Julia and Veronika (though they may not like the
solutions!) Below I list the issues remaining, with
comments on why I have not solved them yet.

Please feel free to send me more comments
and requests.

The full issue list containing your requests
and indication of them being solved is
at http://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tei/trunk/P5/TODO?view=markup,
if you can't remember what you said.

I will probably get one more go at this before Christmas;
then in the new year I'll start seriously hitting on
John U and Daniel for action on the printing side.
Apropos of which, can someone print some pages
on American letter paper and tell me if the margins
are OK?

++++++++++++++++++

4. Hyperlinks to a section now typically jump to a location just below
the section title, which I find disorienting. Would it be possible to
jump to just before the title?

    * thus is a LaTeX thing I may not get to.

5. a list of all attributes.

    * I haven't felt strong yet

11. Appendix C - Where the may-contain list crosses a page boundary,
   this becomes a hyperlink: '1.0. Last updated on 28th October
   2007. 620'.

    * this is a LaTeX bug, I probably won't solve it

23. the declaration of the bibl element in the
    appendix runs out of the box (like the place element)

    * I am waiting to solve this by hand when everything else
     is stable

37. Could you add a bookmark for the index and one for the table of
contents?

    * Yes, I just haven't felt strong yet

38. In the index <head> refers to page 51 but occurs on 50 (but
    example continues on 51); the element <head> also appears on pages 55
    and 80, which do not appear in the index.

    * have not checked this latter yet

39. There's some weird left-hand punctuation on 412.

    * or this. still there?

47. minor inconsistency: cross-references sometimes use the phrasing
"see section 3.19" and sometimes just "see 3.19".

    * tricky. I need to see some real examples of this to see
     if its solvable

54. page xiv : to my eyes, it seems odd that there is more space
  (interligne ?) left between list items then between paragraphs that
  include these lists, especially in the case of one-line list
  items. Same impression with items an imbricated list when there is
  more space between these than between the items of the first-level
  list (eg. page 23). Other example : page xxv

    * I am not sure if this is a real phenomenon, or just
    unfortunate vertical justification. is it still bothersome?