[tei-council] <title> in att.naming? (was "Re: [Fwd: Best way to ...")

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon Dec 10 21:12:45 EST 2007

> Re the attached message from Markus Flatscher to TEI-L, does anyone
> else think that extending the scope of att.naming to include <title>
> would be a good idea? It seems odd to me that it doesn't already, in
> fact.

There are those that have always considered <title> as akin to
syntactic sugar for <name type="book|record|CD|magazine|whatever"> and
<lang> as syntactic sugar for <name type="language">. These folks
claim that <title> and <lang> should be members of att.naming. If you
agree with them, you should probably submit an SF feature request (are
we still using those?).