[tei-council] pdf version of guidelines, fonts

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Thu Dec 6 11:02:19 EST 2007

> Just for the record, I entirely agree with Sebastian's view here,
> and this was the reason why I proposed a much simpler and shorter
> valList in an earlier version of this spec. But Syd chose to
> reinstate the long list we now have, and I did not have the time or
> energy at the time to dispute the issue.

Not sure to what you are referring: the paring down of my original
list, or of the reversed attempt to merge att.measurement with
att.dimensions. If it's the former, then I think this *is* the short
list. If you look at the source, you'll see that I originally had
another 30 or so values which someone (I thought it was Sebastian,
may have been you) removed by commenting out.

If you're referring to the latter, I persist in claiming the two are
basically unrelated for these purposes.

> Equally, while I agree that it is worth noting that W3C datatypes
> have different possibilities with respect to ISO datatypes, the
> place to make such observations is probably in the discussion of
> the datatypes, not here.

Again, I was talking about the wrong tagdoc, sorry.