[tei-council] pdf version of guidelines, fonts

Conal Tuohy Conal.Tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Dec 6 05:56:22 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: tei-council-bounces at lists.village.Virginia.EDU on behalf of Sebastian Rahtz

<snip topic="encoding exponents as superscript"/>

> Well, we can, of course, if you can get me some
> notation in the source from which I can construct
> superscripts. Heck, use MathML if you must, and I
> will implement it.

I'm not sure if this is barking up the wrong tree (because the solution seems rather too obvious to me), but shouldn't these values be encoded as e.g. <num value="9.12E-31"/> which I believe can appear within <note>. This could be rendered by replacing the "E" with "×10" and superscripting the rest with the awesome power of TeX. ;-)

Con