[tei-council] policy tested (was "Re: [TEI-L] <measureGrp> and <text>")

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 07:34:53 EST 2007

I'd say that in fact <rng:ref name="text"/> is effectively a typo
for <ref:ref name="macro.xtext"/>. It's certainly what Lou would have
written at the time had he not been distracted.

Syd's point that <measureGrp> should not contain text
at all is entirely valid, but them's the breaks. We "decided"
we wanted free text inside <measureGrp>, but we didn't
notice that Lou implemented it wrongly. So we should
correct the error now, and accept a proposal to drop
"text inside measureGrp" entirely as a separate discusssion.