[tei-council] next council meeting: Ireland needs a reply

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 28 16:12:51 EST 2007

Lou Burnard wrote:
> (b) we should move as soon as possible to getting a new chair for the
> council.

unfortunately, if we accept the change to the bylaws of the Consortium,
the job of Council Chair changes. so it would be unfair to appoint
someone now under the old conditions, but equally unfair to appoint
them now under the new proposed conditions when those may not
be accepted.

so although we can get our ducks in rows privately, and be ready
to rapidly acclaim a chair, formally we cannot/should not do so until
after the vote on the bylaws. so if Malte wants an answer _now_
we have to decide without a new chair.

I hope everyone on this list is considering very actively who
they think should be the new chair and informing someone
on the Board of their views. Seriously, although formally the
Board will make the decision, the opinions of you all will
be very influential. I know who _my_ choice would be,
do you know who _yours_ is?