[tei-council] next council meeting: Ireland needs a reply

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 28 14:23:23 EST 2007

Gabriel BODARD wrote:
> Sounds nice to me. I don't know that part of the world at all. Does the
> Council normally meet for 2-3 days mid-way through the year like this?

yes, thats been the norm - meet for a 2 day session in early
spring; the last 2 years it has been combined with a 1-day
outreach session.

I reckon we should close on the offer. It's not
as cheap as a meeting in the UK would be, but
it should still be relatively economical,
and the outreach is built-in.

BUT (and it's a very big BUT), we have no
Council chair yet. The proposed changes to
the TEI Consortium make this position
even more powerful and important than it
already is, and its worrying to arrange the
meeting without having the chair in place.
There is the horrible possibility that the chosen
person could not make the meeting dates!

I'd still risk it.