[tei-council] tei ms: errors to report?

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 27 05:52:12 EST 2007

Lou Burnard wrote:
> James is right in principle, but in practice I am very happy to go on
> fixing any typos reported to this list, provided they are  non
> controversial typos!

The only real benefit in having them in sourceforge is that when someone
else using the published version comes to sourceforge to report the typo
they can (possibly, if they look, which I doubt they would) notice that it
has already been reported.  Moreover, when they do submit it, it can (I
assume?) be marked as a duplicate of an existing bug.

But I agree, that is good in theory, in practice fixing non-controversial
things posted here seems reasonable since the archives of this list are public.

-James