[tei-council] more TEI P5 PDF

Peter Boot pboot at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 26 03:10:34 EST 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> I'd welcome detailed feedback on layout.

OK, you ask for details:

Appendices A-D
- perhaps include something like 'see' in the module line
Module tei — see 1. The TEI Infrastructure
- is it really useful to number the classes, elements, etc.? Especially
since these numbers are used nowhere else, and will change as soon as a
new element is inserted before?

Appendix A
- in a line like 'Used by location model.pPart.data', the first
hyperlink includes the 'Used by'

Appendix B
- is it useful to have the datatype in a box, rather than simply
(keeping the special font for 'data.temporal.iso'):
      Datatype data.temporal.iso
   or
      Datatype 1–∞ occurrences of data.pointer separated by whitespace
- with att.datable.iso, what is the status of the text that begins 'The
following are examples of ISO date, time, and date & time formats that
are not valid W3C format normalizations'? It is confusing that it should
somehow be contained in the list of attributes, yet start at the
beginning of the line.
- perhaps add a colon after 'In addition to global attributes'

Appendix C
- Where the may-contain list crosses a page boundary, this becomes a
hyperlink: '1.0. Last updated on 28th October 2007. 620'

Appendix D
- perhaps add something like 'contains:' or 'members:' before the list
of elements in the macros (as in Appendix A)

Appendix E
- clicking reference to Klinkenborg and Cahoon in E.1 no. 12 has no effect
- I would expect journal titles (such as Computers and the Humanities)
in E.2 to be in italics
- in E.3.1: 'van derAdriaan Weel'

Appendix F
- note number 1 is placed on a line of its own

And must we have '1.0. Last updated on 28th October 2007.' on every page?

Peter