[tei-council] Looking ahead

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Nov 17 04:35:54 EST 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> My gut instinct is that this is a P6 feature.
absolutely. I am sort of proposing we start
on P6 at the same time as P5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
> Lastly, this would be a significant, if not major effort, distracting
> us from other endeavors, and requiring resources that perhaps should
> be applied elsewhere.

and thats the major problem.
> The idea that we might again disregard the
> membership's explicit desire that we focus on training materials,
> documentation, outreach, etc. in order to do this now is horrifying.

yes, I don't disregard that at all. I suppose
I am making a mistake in suggesting we use
the Council's time on this, as opposed to simply
proposing a SIG on ODD^3 for those who
want some fun in their spare time.

though I may say that getting TEI adopted as
the markup of choice for standards could
be classified as outreach.

> If you want to work on ODD implementation stuff, though, Sebastian,
> supporting alternation between groups of attributes (i.e.
>       <attList org="choice">
>         <attList org="group">
>           <attDef/>
>           <attDef/>
>         </attList>
>         <attList org="group">
>           <attDef/>
>           <attDef/>
>         </attList>
>         <attDef/>
>       </attList>
> or such.) is still on the docket.

which would be backward compatible, right?

sigh, I suppose I should work on that.

But actually I should go back to the PDF grindstone.