[tei-council] Looking ahead

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 16 15:53:27 EST 2007

Apropos of the future, I have been corresponding with folks
working on some putative standard called TBX, involving ISO TC 37;
it doesn't really matter what it is, but they have (somewhat
gingerly) picked up ODD to write their spec in.

I will assist them as much as I can, obviously, but today
they raise a point to consider, about modelling
co-occurrence constraints in ODD ("this element can
only have value X if attribute Y has value Z"). I am
wondering on what timescale, and how, to revisit ODD
with a view to making a 3rd generation version of the language
in which we could consider such things.

Does the idea horrify or excite you all?