[tei-council] Schematron in Guidelines source?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 17:08:25 EST 2007

> 1) Is there a reason why there are so few Schematron constraints in the Guidelines?
> Are they considered to have official status, or are they more or less experimental?

its simply early days. there is a vague outstanding action
to rewrite more text-based constraints as Schematron as and
when times allows. also perhaps a worry that if we push this
too much it will put people off.

one use at present is in the Guidelines production
to validate the source

> 2) Unless I'm wrong, there needs to be an element
>
>   <s:ns uri="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0" prefix="tei"/>

I add it in when I extract the Schematron from the source;
as you're seeing, this stuff is under-documented :-}

were there but 10 times more hours in the day.....

Sebastian