[tei-council] pdf version of P5

Conal Tuohy conal.tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Sun Nov 11 18:44:05 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 23:06 +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Peter Boot wrote:
> > 6. Would it be possible to hyperlink the element names in the text to
> > appendix C?

> Maybe. to be honest, I was not really considering this _as_ PDF, just
> as a means to get a printed page
>
> what do people feel about indices in general?

I realise the priority now is to get a printed book, and PDF is a means
to that end, but in general I do think indices are worth having. In
particular a PDF can be a handy format to have on a portable device, for
which hyperlinked element names would be great.

Also, I note I've got a problem with some of the PDF bookmarks. I
haven't had a chance to test this on Acrobat Reader, but using Evince
0.4.0 the bookmarks representing individual elements in the catalogue
are not displaying a label correctly. Is it just me?

Conal Tuohy
New Zealand Electronic Text Centre
www.nzetc.org